Back on the wagon - this time for a full IM!

As always seems to happen, the blog fell away and I forgot about it. However, I did complete the 70.3 last October, and had an absolutely amazing time. I finished in about 5:08, and have my sights set on going sub 5:00 next time!

However, what is now the bigger priority, is completing the Busselton 140.6 on 1 December 2019!

I've started the full Base/Build/Specialty cycle on TrainerRoad, I've bought a Triathlon bike (should arrive Tuesday!), and I've begun shunting other commitments to the side.

This time around, I have some training buddies! Phil and Bobbles are both planning on doing Busso as well, and so we are all keeping each other honest in our training.

I'm nearing the end of week 3 of base, and whilst I haven't been 100% with all my workouts (I missed one swim last week, and I couldn't complete two workouts yesterday), I've been pretty close. Given that I'm only just getting back into this, I'm not too worried about one workout or two short.

I'm also racing a solo 6-hour pedal prix race next weekend, and another one about 6 weeks after that, so I'm balancing bike time with trike time. Next week is fortunately a recovery week, so I'll taper even more than planned, but the week after will be difficult. Instead of coming into week 4 fully rested, I'll be coming in with an enormous fatigue from the race. Oh well, I'll just have to build back into it over the week.

Here's hoping I can remember to keep updating this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where have I come from?

Goals!

Switching from Criterium training to Triathlon training